I. ARTA as your contract partner
1. The Association of Ridge and Tissue Augmentation, hereafter “ARTA” or “the Association”) is a public association established under Portuguese private law.
2. “ARTA”, “Association of Ridge and Tissue Augmentation”, the respective translation is registered under Portuguese law.
Rua Eça de Queirós n. 100
3700-470 Arrifana VFR
Tel: +351 968460634
Liliana Silva, President
Ricardo Henriques, Francisco Delille, Nuno Pereira, Mário Preto, Paulo Morna Freitas Directive Boarders
VAT identification number 514612401
The deeds of the association were issued by Paula Cristina Sá, Notary Office, in Santa Maria da Feira on October 21th of 2017. The reference number is: Book.2M Sh.104.
3. To send an e-mail directly to individual members of staff, please follow the links using this contact page and use the contact forms provided for each member.
4. All images, text and other content published by the Association are protected by copyright. Requests for reproduction, even partial, should be addressed in writing to the Association´s Public Relations Officer at the address above.
II. General terms and conditions
A. Participation in events
1. The number of places available for participants is limited. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. The registration is legally binding and can only be cancelled according to the conditions described below (§§ 12-15).
3. Registrations can be made until the day of the event or until the maximum number of participants has been reached. This shall not affect the cancellation conditions (see below §§ 12 ff.).
4. A list of participants including each participant’s address will be made available to all participants unless the Association receives written objection from the participant no later than one week prior to the beginning of the event.
5. The participant’s address and other relevant information will be stored in the Association’s database in order to provide information about future ARTA events, publications and/or other developments in the participant’s area of interest unless the participant indicates that he or she does not wish the Association to do so.
6. A certificate of attendance can be issued on request.
Payment and Discounts
7. The participant may pay either immediately by credit card or within 15 days of registration by means of a bank transfer or cheque. In all cases, the Association will send the participant an invoice. Participation will not be possible without prior payment.
8. Insofar as this paragraph is invoked on the registration form, the following discounts are available:
For early registration a discount will be accorded either on the basic fee.
No other discounts will be applied.
9. Unless otherwise specified on the registration form, the registration fee includes lunch, beverages consumed during the event, the conference documents and attendance at an evening function (if applicable)
10. The participant must cover his/her own travel and accommodation expenses.
11. The Association will charge a handling fee of EUR 20 for the return of incorrectly transferred registration fees.
12. The Association reserves the right to cancel the event up to two weeks before the planned start. In this case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. The Association will be not liable for any further damage caused by the cancellation.
13. The mention of a speaker’s name does not commit the Association. In case an advertised speaker does not appear, the Association will do what it can to find a replacement of the same calibre.
14. The participant may cancel his/her registration without charge within two weeks of signing the registration form and accepting these terms and conditions, provided that (a) s/he informs the Association in writing and (b) the event has not yet taken place.
15. After this deadline, if notice of cancellation is received by the Association at least one month before the event, a handling fee of EUR 40 will be charged. For cancellations received between one month and two weeks before the event, 50% of the registration fee will be charged. For cancellations received less than two weeks before the event, 90% of the registration fee will be charged. The participant may alternatively arrange for someone to attend the event in his/her place.
16. The Association will provisionally request a number of rooms to be set aside for participants at special rates at the following hotels: IBIS Porto Sul Europarque Hotel, Nova Cruz Hotel.
The participant must contact the hotel directly if s/he wishes to make a definitive reservation; when doing so s/he should indicate the event that s/he will attend. The Association assumes no responsibility for the reservation of accommodation.
B. Purchase of publications
17. For purchases made online, the customer must pay by credit card. For other purchases, the customer may pay immediately by credit card or choose to be sent an invoice. The order will not be despatched until payment has been received.
18. The customer may cancel the order without charge within two weeks of submitting the order and accepting these terms and conditions, provided that (a) s/he informs the Association in writing and (b) the order has not yet been despatched.
19. Orders that have been paid for and despatched cannot be refunded.
C. Purchase of e-learning materials
20. The customer may pay for e-learning courses, video podcasts or other e-learning materials either by credit card or by invoice. In both cases, the Association will send the customer an invoice.
21. Materials purchased by credit card will be made accessible to the customer as soon as the payment has been processed.
22. Materials purchased by invoice will be made accessible to the customer only when payment is received. Payment for materials purchased by invoice must be made by bank transfer or cheque within 15 days of receipt of the invoice.
23. The customer may cancel a purchase by invoice without charge within two weeks of submitting the order and accepting these terms and conditions provided that the materials have not yet been made accessible to the customer. A purchase made by credit card cannot be cancelled or refunded.
24. The Association will charge a handling fee of EUR 20 for the return of incorrectly transferred payments.
25. Special rates may apply for the registration of multiple users of e-learning materials. No other discounts apply.
26. The customer’s address and other relevant information will be stored in the Association’s database in order to provide information about ARTA e-learning materials, events, publications and/or other developments in the customer’s area of interest unless the participant indicates that he or she does not wish the Association to do so.
D. Other legal provisions
27. Should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be invalid, this shall have no effect on the validity of the remaining provisions.
28. The Association cannot assume liability for incorrect information or other errors resulting from technical problems or other reasons beyond its control.
29. The contractual relationship between the parties shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws of Portugal.
30. As far as legally possible, both parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Santa Maria da Feira.
III. Data protection
1. The Association only collects and stores the data necessary for the purposes indicated when the data subject submits the relevant data to the Association, notably:
o Payment of purchases or participation fees;
o Inclusion in the list of participants at the Association’s events;
o Distribution of information about future initiatives of the Academy;
o Distribution of publications.
2. Data collected for these purposes will be controlled by the Association but may be processed by a third party contractually engaged by the Association.
3. The data subject has the right to know if his/her data is being processed and to require the Association to change, rectify, erase or block his/her data.
4. The Association will not transfer personal data to third-party data controllers unless the data subject permits it to do so. In this case, the Association undertakes to inform the third party of any changes requested by the data subject.
5. All correspondence concerning personal data should be addressed to the Association’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.